02 October 2005
Sirdar Dune Poncho Beckons
Forgot to mention in my earlier post yesterday. When I was in Boyes I came across Sirdar Fresco. It is the same as Dune in that you have a string then a lump but this is more like acrylic yarn than Dune was. It is only £2.09 a 50g ball so I think I'm going to give it another go. Fresco should be used on 4mm needles and not 7/8mm as Dune was so am thinking if I use 7/8mm anyway the result should be the same. If all else fails can always frog it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've not used Fresco, but I am pretty sure it is identical to Sirdar Snuggly Bubbly, just in "adult" colours. Snuggly Bubbly was lots of fun to work with and is very squishy. Should be much more enjoyable to knit with than the dreaded Dune.
C, glad you said that as I bought a load of SB from Designs in their closing down sale and not had chance to try it yet as been doing other stuff. So there is hope yet!
Post a Comment