22 October 2005
Yarn Apathy
I'm surrounded by drawers/boxes/chest of my stash and I've not knitted one stitch of the cargo jumper since I had to frog it all last week. I've done a few rows on blanket squares but nothing else. I have now got the next week off work and am so hoping that it will cure the problem. Doesn't help that I also have 7 Christmas cakes to make which I've been putting off :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Fred, I've tagged you for a meme - only if you're up for it though. If so, details on my blog. Hope you get over your yarn apathy soon.
Hi Fred-just got back from being away. Hope all is well with you. There is a photo of Solo on my blog, not a good one, will try and get better later.
bw
colin
I had a serious case of knitting apathy a few weeks back. Knowing that you have to re do chunks of a major project can bring on this syndrome.
I think its made worse when you know that you *have* to do a project because its for someone else. Even when your heart ceases to be in it you feel obligated to plod on, meaning knitting stops becoming an enjoyable task and rather becomes somthing of a chore. In serious cases this transfers in to projects that you would otherwise enjoy... all because the spectre of the project you *should* be working on is hanging over every stitch you make.
My advice, take a few days off from knitting. Check out knit mags, tinterweb sites and books until you find a project (or technique) that screams you must make me NOW! It may take a while to find one, but when you do, and you are able to get stuck in to somthing that you absolutely *have* to knit, it should blow the apathy right away.
Oh and as for the Cargo Jumper, I'd put her on probation until you complete somthing that you are excited about knitting
C x
Hey Fred,
Take a break, concentrate on some other craft or do nothing at all for a week. I'm sure you'll start missing knitting and will dive back into it. Good luck :)
Anna x
Post a Comment