
I'm intending on making it for my MIL. I do have to say that I am being rather brave as this will be my first lacework but I do not have a deadline to get it done for. However, while at my knitting group last night I was discussing it with the ladies there and decided that if I can finish it in time I will enter it in the art/crafts competition in the Bingley show in August. I'm working on the principle that:
a) It gives me five months
b) It is only a 178 row pattern (please note I'm not counting the fact it will be a huge number of stitches by the time I get to the final row or the border).
c) It uses less than 4oz/100g of yarn so is another reason that it will be a quick knit.
It is going to be done in blue as MIL likes blue. I have cheated and asked Yvonne to have a nosey around when she is at Glasgow for me. I wonder if I should have tried to make it during the Olympics.
5 comments:
I've had an eye on that pattern for a while.....can't wait to see the finished shawl. Shona
That's lovely, Fred. Which shawl is it? Looking forward to seeing it when done.
They shawl looks fabulous Fred. Looking forward to seeing your progress on that :)
If even I can manage it there is hope, the pattern is great and really easy to follow and because of the seperate sections actually grows really fast.
I've finished the first section of mine, and started the second sectoin at the weekend, I only do lace at weekends whenI'm less tired! I'm thoroughly enjoying it as I find that after a few rows the pattern establishes itself and I can see what is going to happen next.
Post a Comment