19 April 2006

Shawl Progress



Here is the shawl to date. I am now on row 85 of a 178 row pattern. I am probably not spending as much time on it as I should but soon to have more time on my hands as I resigned from my current last week. I had a finish date of 5 May which I was then persuaded to extend to 2 June which was agreed with my manager. I then had a meeting with my manager today who told me that I was to be held to the original leave date of 5 May. While I am not overly concerned as I have a temp job lined up to start on the Monday it is just so enlightening to find out what your manager really thinks about you!

3 comments:

blueadt said...

I wouldn't worry about it. It's a business decision & they need to fill your old role permanently.

I was once with a company for 3 1/2 years only to leave after being threatened by the MD - I worked my butt off for this guy but in the end it meant nothing to him or the rest of the Directors & they treated me appallingly.

Move on & enjoy the 9-5 aspect of temping for a change!

Anonymous said...

Manager schmanager!

MWAH!

Sue
xxx

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the temp job, your soon-to-be ex-manager is obviously rather unprofessional, please don't take it personally, or lose any sleep over it, it's not worth it.

Fantastic job on the shawl, you're making good progress on it! How are you getting on with the stitch markers you got at Olympia? Ah, and I owe a very overdue email, so so sorry for the delay, I've had my family staying over and my routine has gone out of the window. I've got so much to catch up on, I'll be in touch as soon as I can.

Take care, and keep us updated on the shawl progress :)

xxx