07 August 2006

Wondering & Shawl





Wondering here whether any of the famous designers ever trawl the web and see what people are saying about their products and how they respond.

Shawl
I thought I would post a picture of what the shawl will look like when it is finished as (a) it has been so long since I first posted it and (b) it is soon to be finished. I have just finished row 154 and have 24 more rows to complete the main body of the shawl. I then have all of the edging triangles which I am reliably informed will take me 9 hours. I have done a quick calculation and I should (!) just make it in time if I keep my head down and get on with it. I'll be taking it into work and do 30 mins before work and also an hour at lunchtime. How I am going to manage to squeeze in marzipaning and icing the cake for the entry as well I do not know. As for knocking up my belated birthday cake to take into work I think I'll be buying that one.

I am also going to do some investigating as to when the Keighley show is and I may enter it in that as well.

I have enjoyed it as a project despite it giving the odd occasional nightmare. I am planning my next lace project although it will be a couple of projects down the line and will be: http://www.fiddlesticksknitting.com/PeacockLarge.html. I want to find the right yarn though first before I contemplate it.

2 comments:

Mary-Lou said...

I'm quite sure they do ... not quite a designer (yet...!) myself, but I definitely found myself looking around on the odd forum to see the comments on the Steek Boa when it came out in SK. Surprising what you learn!

Sounds like the shawl is coming along at a rate of knots - when's the show? - bet you can do it

Anonymous said...

9 hours for an edging? That's speed knitting by my standards. Keep at it there's nothing like a tight deadline for motivation.

Blocking - I block first and then sew in ends