08 November 2006

Brum BooBoo

Well I arrived safely last night in Birmingham after a mishap.

I left work 15 minutes early after having gotten changed. I walked to the train station with 2 suitcases and 2 bags in hand. I will say in my defence here that one of the suitcases contained yarn for Jan & Mav and a big purchase of needles from the charity shop that I blogged about a couple of weeks back. Also in there was a bag of stuff for my friend's secret pal that she asked me to take down so that I could hand it over. I've not heard from her yet so I don't know what day that her SP will come by.

Well anyway I got into the train station to find the train waiting for me. Oooh thinks me. I can get on nice and early, get my seat and sorted with all my knitting and the socks in hand and it may just scare everyone else off. Well the knitting certainly didn't get me any company! Well 5.05 the train pulls out. Now this started getting me worried as it was leaving 5 minutes early. The next thing I know is a PA announcement saying "this is the train to London Kings Cross". Whoops thinks me. It would appear that I'm on the wrong train. Well I then picked up everything and packed it all away and my way to the vestibule area in the carriage. The next station down the line is Wakefield Westgate which as fortune would have it is where the Birmingham train pulls into so I managed to get my correct train after all. Otherwise I would dread to think what time I would have hit base.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a day!

Just to let you know, I'm not neglecting you, I'm getting your first pressie box together as we speak, and have been combing your 'blog for inspiration...

What's with the teapots?

YSP9
xxxx

Rosie said...

Am I glad that I'm not the only person to do this kind of thing! (Blushes, remembering the time she not only got in train going in wrong direction, she hopped off said train in the middle of nowhere and then had to spend £20 on a cab back to her starting point). Hope Brum was fun!
x

Stitch 'n Dye said...

Silly Billy... See you at Harrogate - looking forward to it. Should be fun.

Sue