13 December 2006

First Ever Sock

I started this sock at Cardiff. I bought some more bells and some feet charms from Meiflower and I got the yarn from Web of Wool as it was rather patriotic given that we were in Wales. I'd continued with it at Harrogate but finally got round to finishing it tonight. I must say that I don't like the kitchener stitch grafting finish. Next time I will put all the stitches on one needle (alternating between front and back of sock) and cast off normally.




MM was complaining last night that I never seem to finish anything. Well I have certainly disproved that point. I've finished three loopa scarves and the sock this week. I have also finished the knitting of a square in Noro which I now need to chuck into the washing machine and felt down in order that I can sew it to a lining and make it into a purse which I will all have done before Sunday so that will be five finished objects in a week. Now if only I could work lace patterns that quick!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I also find it difficult to graft a neat toe. I now do most of my socks toe up with short row toe and heel. The only problem is avoiding a tight cast off.

Stitch 'n Dye said...

Fred

totally with you on the grafting. A kind soul at Harrogate - I forget her name showed me how to do it. End result looked like me beautiful lace sock was ruined. It's now unpicked and I will consult again. and see how other more experienced sock knitters than me do it.

Your sock looks great.

Nickerjac said...

The kitchner grafting is a bit of a nightmare but when its done perfectly it looks great. The sock looks fantastic though. :)

Wendy said...

persevere with the grafting - once you have the knack you really can't see the join!
For a first sock it looks fab anyway